01 February 2012

Completion, of sorts (YouTube phase)

Just a note to mark my completion of (subject to some double-checking!) learning all the chanties in Stan Hugill's Shanties from the Seven Seas. I finished learning and recording the last one yesterday, 31 Jan. 2012. I do have yet to record, to satisfy my own sense of completion, one well-known chanty that for reasons of a time in the past I did not make my own version of.


There are also a couple more "songs used as chanties" that Hugill merely mentioned in passing but which I'd like to learn and record.


After that I will probably turn my attention back to this blog and the reassessment ('second pass') of the YouTube recordings, in order.


Ranzo in Long Beach

3 comments:

  1. Super Congratulations, Mr. Chantyman, on a huge piece of important work well done. I'm looking forward to the continuation of the blog. J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What you've achieved so far is massive and enormously helpful, and I look forward to seeing the next stage. (and, indeed, finding out what your next project is!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, it's now officially complete!

    Thanks for the support!

    :{

    ReplyDelete